Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: What is This Horn?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is This Horn?

    I hate it when sellers don't include the throats. I understand parting a system out, but to me going as far as selling the throats separately is like selling right and left shoes individually.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What is This Horn?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: What is This Horn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I hate it when sellers don't include the throats. I understand parting a system out, but to me going as far as selling the throats separately is like selling right and left shoes individually.
    "I'll sell you the horn, but if you wanna use it, you gotta pay more."

    Kinda like "Oh, you wanted wheels on that car?"
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is This Horn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    "I'll sell you the horn, but if you wanna use it, you gotta pay more."

    Kinda like "Oh, you wanted wheels on that car?"
    Exactly.

    I re-read the auction, and I guess I'll let the seller off the hook this time...... he only has one throat, yet a pair of horns.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: What is This Horn?

    Which is why sellers are temped to part stuff out. When I bought my 803 horns, the seller had many offers to buy the throats only. I'm glad he held out and I got the complete set.

  5. #15
    HB Super Moderator
    What is This Horn?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: What is This Horn?

    Quote Originally Posted by battradio@ View Post
    Hi '

    Im about 35 miles away from these , to me the look more like Stephens Tru Sonics than Altec .
    Altec Lansing 287 Field Coil Horn Pair Western Electric - eBay (item 110473705445 end time Jan-04-10 01:00:16 PST)


    Mark
    Hi Mark, This auction is for a pair of Altec Lansing 805A Tar-Filled Horns they are not trusonic. They are Identical to my 1005A's but smaller 8 cell.He has the brass 30162 in separate auction 1 throat. Regards ~ AB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.